Tuesday, March 19, 2024

The Night Sings in Tokyo!

Yoshiro Uchida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight (Tuesday, March 19), I attended another chanson performance by Yoshiro Uchida. I always enjoy his performances, and I've become rather familiar with some of his songs, none of which I'd known about before.


One amusing moment happened when one of Uchida-san's fans, whom I really got to know last month when we had a pretty long conversation, suddenly asked me if I was the boyfriend of one of our acquaintances. This question came out of nowhere and was totally unexpected. I laughed and said of course not. I have no idea where she got that idea.

After the show, Uchida-san came up to me and asked me when my date of departure was, which I told him. When I was about to leave, I asked Uchida-san to autograph a Gamera postcard, as well as to pose for some obligatory photos, which he graciously did. He asked me about what my living situation will be like overseas and wished me good luck on my travels. He also remembered that we first met just two years ago -- a lot has happened since then!

I will certainly miss seeing Uchida-san's performances, but I'm grateful for the memories. The photos certainly help keep them alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment