Saturday, March 23, 2024

An Ultra-Good Morning with Two Very Special 'Ultraman' Alums!

Atsuko Tanaka. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today (Saturday, March 23), I woke up bright and early to go to Shibuya and meet with two veteran Tsuburaya Productions script supervisors, Atsuko Tanaka and Noriko Shishikura. Our meeting was scheduled to start at 11:00 a.m., but it turned out that I arrived much earlier than they did. 

 

A few minutes later, they made their entrance, and we sat down for a bit less than an hour before Shishikura-san had to move on to her next appointment. 

Noriko Shishikura. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that Shishikura-san had dug up some old photos of her career at Tsuburaya Productions and Nikkatsu Studios. It was truly fascinating to see these vintage pictures that may never have been published anywhere else.


Before I knew it, our time was up, and we both had to move on to our next appointments. Right before I left, we posed for the mandatory photos that are always a necessity for this blog. Besides, they're a lot of fun to take!

Noriko Shishikura and Atsuko Tanaka. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I should point out that the cafe we used is on the second floor of Toho Cinemas Shibuya. In fact, it was the same cafe where I met with the late Kenpachiro Satsuma in November 2014. While I've walked past the cafe many times since then, I think this was the first time I've been inside it since that meeting. It only took me about 10 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment