Friday, March 22, 2024

Returning to Ofuna-Kannon After a 10-Year Absence!

Ofuna-Kannon.

On Wednesday, March 20, I paid a visit to Ofuna Kannonji Temple (a.k.a. Ofuna-Kannon) along with the daughter of Ultraman (1966-67) co-star Masanari Nihei, Kazuka. Would you believe it'd been 10 years since I last visited it? It surprised me, too!

What also surprised me (but in a much worse way) was that my smartphone suddenly decided to die right then and there as I was taking a photo. For the record, I had a Pixel 5a, which is apparently notoriously for becoming a brick within about two and a half years -- which is about as long as I had mine.

Because my photos from the day weren't backed up, I lost them with my phone, which couldn't be turned on again. So the photos in the post were taken on Kazuka's phone, who kindly sent me them after she got home. Anyway, with all that out of the way, here are the photos from the day. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment