Sunday, March 10, 2024

Minya Saves the Day ... Again!

Atomu Mizuishi (left) and Naoko Kamio. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight (Sunday, March 10), I attended an event with two headlining guests -- actor Atomu Mizuishi and suit actress Naoko Kamio. Of the two, I was much more interested in Kamio-san, as she played Rodan and Minya in Godzilla: Final Wars (2004). 

While I'm not familiar with him, Mizuishi-san played Kiramai Blue on Mashin Sentai Kiramager (2020-21), among other tokusatsu projects. I was surprised to find the audience packed with younger females who were completely enamored of him. I certainly wasn't expecting to find that when I entered the venue, but there you go!

It was a lot of fun meeting Minya in the flesh. When I asked her to reenact her Minya pose from Final Wars, she happily agreed to do. The other attendees were much more familiar with her career in Super Sentai and peppered her with many questions about it. 

Below are the other photos I took tonight. Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment