Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Out and About in Shinjuku!

A Godzilla claw machine in Toho Cinemas Shinjuku. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On the way home today, I stopped by Toho Cinemas Shinjuku and spotted the Godzilla-themed claw machines seen above and below. I don't believe they were there the last time I was in the theater, so I decided to snap a couple of pictures.

And another one! Photo by Brett Homenick.

The other thing that caight my attention was the massive banner promoting the upcoming release (in Japan) of Ridley Scott's Napoleon (2023), starring Joaquin Phoenix. The banner correctly notes that Phoenix won the Best Actor Oscar for Joker (2019), which remains untouched as the best film of the previous decade -- and then some. 

Napoleon promoted in Toho Cinemas Shinjuku. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I'll certainly be checking out Napoleon once it's released here. I don't think it will reach the heights that Joker did, but I'm looking forward to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment