Friday, November 3, 2023

Seeing 'Lawrence of Arabia' at the Shin Bungeiza!

Lawrence of Arabia (1962) at the Shin Bungeiza theater. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Wait, was there some other movie I was supposed to see today? Yeah, I'll get to that one, too.

After seeing Godzilla Minus One (2023) at another venue, I made my way to the Shin Bungeiza theater in Ikebukuro for a screening of Lawrence of Arabia (1962) in 4K. It was my first time to see it in theaters, and it looked absolutely magnificent. 

Prior to this screening, I'd last watched it during the winter break of 2019-20. At that time, I hadn't seen it since 1997, so it was like watching a new movie in many ways. This time, however, I remembered quite a bit from my last viewing a bit less than four years ago.

Not much to say here, other than it's a great film. Gandhi (1982) is another epic I admire that would be hard to see getting made today (for a variety of reasons). Anyhow, I'm very glad I got the chance to see this classic in 4K on the big screen!

No comments:

Post a Comment