Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A Chance Evening of Chanson!

Yoshiro Uchida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Last night (Tuesday, November 21), I went to another chanson performance by Yoshiro Uchida. Even though I arrived late due to my work schedule (as usual), I still caught a good chunk of the performance, so I'm happy to report that I got my money's worth.

Yoshiro Uchida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Last month, I asked Uchida-san to sign the above release of Gammera the Invincible (1966), but I didn't think it ask him to pose with it for a photo. Talk about a missed opportunity! So I brought the DVD back with me just for the photo opportunity.


Afterward, Uchida-san was intrigued by the DVD, even reading some of the names listed on the cover (such as those of his Japanese co-stars). He expressed interest in seeing this version, so I told him that I'd send him the YouTube link when I return home, which I did. Generally, though, he was curious about Gamera's level of fame in the U.S.

And that's a wrap! It's always fun to attend these shows, and Uchida-san is a great singer!

No comments:

Post a Comment