Sunday, February 26, 2023

A Windy Evening in the Company of a Great Performer!

Masanori Machida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier tonight (Sunday, February 26), I attended yet another dramatic reading featuring actor Masanori Machida. Actually, by the time I arrived, Machida-san had already given his performance, so I missed it, unfortunately. Interestingly, there were probably more people in attendance than I'd ever seen before, and there seemed to be mostly brand-new staff members there, too, as there were plenty of new faces and very few people I recognized.


I brought a flyer for the Laputa Asagaya's Science Fiction Film Festival for Machida-san to sign. Since The Green Slime (1968) was one of the featured films in the program, it was certainly a relevant item for him to sign. I was surprised to find out that Machida-san didn't know about the screenings. I figured he must have known about it, so I regret not giving him a heads-up about it.

After signing the flyer, Machida-san stepped away to greet other audience members and then came back to me and asked me if I wanted to take photos. Of course I did! As usual, it was quite fun. A big thanks to Machida-san for another fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment