Wednesday, February 1, 2023

SPECTREMAN: Coming to the Rescue at a Train Station Near You!

A Spectreman toy dispenser in Shibuya Station. Photo by Brett Homenick.

While messaging a friend of mine in the U.S., he told me about the Spectreman (1971-72) toy dispensers that are currently making the rounds in Japan. I hadn't seen one but was intrigued. My buddy, with whom I'm doing a trade, asked for one of the toys from one if I could one.


Well, as luck would have it, I had to pass through Shibuya Station today, and, as I was about to get on the Yamanote Line, I noticed a whole row of toy dispensers. So I took a quick look-see, and I instantly found one of the Spectreman dispensers.


Naturally, I got one for my friend, but he'll have to open it and tell me what it was. I didn't get one for myself, as cool as these things look, because, well, I'm really trying to cut down on clutter. Besides, I only had enough change in my pocket for one. Ah, well. At least I have these photos to look back on!

No comments:

Post a Comment