Saturday, August 13, 2022

THE STUNTMAN AND THE DIRECTOR: An Evening with Japanese Film Alumni!

Hironobu Hagimae. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier tonight, I braved a typhoon (and got sopping wet in the process!) to attend a special event with two special guests: Hironobu Hagimae and Shun Nakahara!

Hironobu Hagimae has performed as a stuntman in America, Japan, and even Australia. He's a veteran of the '70s Kamen Rider series, as well as Mad Max (1979) and The Road Warrior (1981). I've met him several times before, and he's always a gentleman.

Shun Nakahara. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Also on hand was director Shun Nakahara. Nakahara-san has directed The Cherry Orchard (1990), The Gentle Twelve (1991), Colorful (2000), the thriller Concent (2001), and the horror flick Tomie: Forbidden Fruit (2002).


I (very briefly) met Nakahara-san earlier this year, but admittedly I didn't have much to say to him at the time because I wasn't that familiar with his work. I did a bit more homework this time and had more to say this time. He was very friendly, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment