Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Return of 'Return of Godzilla' to the Big Screen!

Tonight's feature! Photo by Brett Homenick.

Just a couple of weeks after seeing Godzilla 1985 (a.k.a. Return of Godzilla, 1984) on the big screen at the Shin Bungeiza theater in Ikebukuro, I went ahead and saw it again tonight! Not long after taking in the Godzilla all-nighter at the end of July, I saw that they were screening the '84 film again, and there was just no way I could pass it up.

A view of the Shin Bungeiza lobby. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Godzilla 1985 is one of my all-time favorites, and -- if I'm going to be completely honest -- I like it a lot more than the 1954 film. Yes, I know, I'm a heretic, but what can I say? I call them as I see them.

Guarding the soda machine. Photo by Brett Homenick.

The film print wasn't in the best shape, but it was great to see it again on the big screen. Screenings of the '84 Godzilla have been rare since I've been in Japan, so I'm likely to attend any screening I possibly can. I'd imagine this will be the last one for a while. Glad I was able to catch it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment