Monday, September 26, 2022

Bringing a Special Item to Machida-san's Event!

Masanori Machida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Have I mentioned how busy the day was? Sunday, September 25, was capped off by my attendance at another one of Masanori Machida's dramatic readings. This time, I made sure to bring the LaserDisc of Monster from a Prehistoric Planet (a.k.a. Gappa the Triphibian Monster, 1967) that used to belong to the late Toho SFX director Teruyoshi Nakano for him to sign.

He was quite surprised to see it, although it took him a moment to realize what it was. I made sure to point out where he was on the cover (as the young native boy Saki). As you can see, he posed for photos with it pretty enthusiastically.

After posing with the LaserDisc for photos, I asked him to sign it, which he graciously did. At first, I asked him to sign the front cover, but he was reluctant to do that, as it might waste such a rare item. I didn't think it would, but I saw his point, so I asked him to sign the back instead, which he did.

Masanori Machida signs the back of the LaserDisc. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Afterward, we had a nice chat about an upcoming project of his that will be coming out. He shared a bit more information about it, which sounded rather exciting to me. I look forward to seeing it when it's ready! 

Boy, having to type all this out is just as tiring as the day itself was. But what a day it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment