Monday, September 26, 2022

A Showa Hero Event Brings Gamera and Yoshito Chujo Together!

Noboru Kaneko. Photo by Brett Homenick.

While I was in between events on Sunday, September 25, I figured I had just enough time to stop by the Showa Hero event in Nakano to meet the guests, neither of whom I'd ever met before. Who were they, you ask? Why, Noboru Kaneko and Hirofumi Fukuzawa!


Noboru Kaneko played Gao Red in Hyakujuu Sentai Gaoranger (2001-02), but Godzilla fans know him for playing Yoshito Chujo in Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003). My interaction with him was brief but pleasant. There just wasn't any time for anything else!

Hirofumi Fukuzawa. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Hirofumi Fukuzawa is a suit actor best known for his appearances in the Super Sentai series (where he often plays the Red Ranger of the series), as well the Kamen Rider series. However, most kaiju fans will recognize him as the Gamera suit actor from Gamera 3 (1999). Suffice it to say, I was quite interested to meet him. And he was a very cool guy, just like most other suit actors you're likely to meet.


And that's a wrap! I was basically in and out because everything was basically over by the time I arrived. But I had just enough time to meet the guests. A very cool way to spend the few moments I had there!

No comments:

Post a Comment