Monday, May 9, 2016

ULTRAMAN GAIA RULES YOTSUYA! Actor Takeshi Yoshioka Keeps a Watchful Eye Over Tokyo!

Actor Takeshi Yoshioka always keeps his tokusatsu memorabilia handy! Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight I spent the evening at Live Bar Grotto, a Yotsuya-based restaurant owned and operated by actor Takeshi Yoshioka, who starred as the title character in Ultraman Gaia (1998-99). It was my first time back to the establishment in three years. Still, it was exactly as I remembered it.

Posing with Ultraman Gaia himself!

Yoshioka-san was very friendly and spoke a little English. We talked about American music, his visit to California several years ago, the Ultraman series, and other topics. It was great to catch up with Yoshioka-san again, and I promised that next time I would return sooner than three years!

No comments:

Post a Comment