Friday, May 27, 2016

ONLY IN TOKYO! A Chance Encounter in Setagaya!

Posing with Toho star Katsuhiko Sasaki in Narita Airport in July 2014.

Today is a day off from work, and when I left home to grab some lunch, I had a surprise meeting. While walking along the sidewalk, I suddenly heard some shout my name. I looked toward the street and saw none other than actor Katsuhiko Sasaki smiling and waving at me from his car!

I was so surprised that I started laughing, but naturally I greeted him back. As he drove off, he motioned that he'd give me a call.

Sasaki-san starred in Godzilla vs. Megalon (1973) and Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975), and he's as nice a gentleman as you'll ever meet. Overall, these surprise meetings don't happen very often, but they're always memorable. What a day, and it's not even over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment