Thursday, May 12, 2016

COMEDY COMES TO TSUKIJI! Watching a Light-Hearted Stage Play in Tokyo!

Actress-singer Grace Mika poses with some of her fellow cast members after a successful performance. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight I took in a comedy play at the Buddhist Hall in Tsukiji, Tokyo, co-starring Grace Mika. Mika-san is a jazz singer and actress who does many live performances around Tokyo. In 2014, she co-starred with Bin Furuya in a stage play in Asakusa. 


I've gotten to know her since last year, and it's always fun to see her. She did a great job in tonight's show. The second half of the show was completely devoted to dancing and singing, and I was surprised when she did her own rendition of Pinky & Killers' "Koi no Kisetsu."

Posing with Grace Mika, Rikako Ota, and Oleksii Guzyr.

After the show, I had a chance to speak with Mika-san and congratulate her on a job well done. I look forward to seeing her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment