Saturday, January 20, 2024

Kicking Off the New Year with Ultraman!

Bin Furuya. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On the evening of Saturday, January 20, I attended an event hosted by Ultraman himself, Bin Furuya. Due to my work schedule (how often have you heard me say that?), I arrived late. When I arrived at the first venue, Furuya-san was sitting with some event staff members at a table while the rest of the attendees were in a screening room, watching a video.

When I arrived, Furuya-san greeted me in English, which I've rarely heard him do over the years. I sat with Furuya-san for a few minutes at his table before the video ended, and the audience came back out. He even kindly bought me a sports drink from a nearby vending machine during that time -- how cool is that?!

After the first event wrapped, many of the attendees headed out to an izakaya for an after-party. Furuya-san, of course, came, too, and he was happy to mix and mingle with the attendees. The photos above and below will attest to that.

Despite the cold and dreary weather (there were some predictions it would snow, but thankfully it just rained), it was well worth attending, and I hope to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment