Thursday, January 4, 2024

Godzilla the Art by Parco Vol. 2!

Photo by Brett Homenick.

Godzilla the Art by Parco Vol. 2 runs from December 28 through January 9, and today (Thursday, January 4) I had the opportunity to stop by. A friend of mine in the U.S. told me about it, especially due to the blue 1991 Godzilla for sale at the event. (See photos below.) I wasn't too interested in that, but what really caught my attention was the Godzilla vs. Destoroyah (1995) filming suit on display.

Yes, you read that correctly; the signage there said so! (Again, see below.) Apparently, this was in fact the Burning Godzilla suit sculpted by Godzilla suitmaker Tomoki Kobayashi and repainted "black" (their description, not mine) sometime after filming. Naturally, I had to photograph it from just about every angle. Check out the photos below. Enjoy! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment