Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Partying in Tsukiji Like It's December 2010!

Sushi Zanmai in the Tsukiji Outer Market. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today, my job took me to a place I usually don't go -- the Tsukiji Outer Market. While walking around, however, I noticed a restaurant that looked vaguely familiar. The restaurant in question is Sushi Zanmai (also sometimes rendered in English as Sushizanmai), and, while I don't have a taste for sushi, I just knew I'd seen this restaurant somewhere before. 

So I posed for an obligatory photo. The pose is certainly a lot different from what I've seen other people do in front of this restaurant, but it will have to do for now. Maybe I should return at 4:00 in the morning to get the proper effect, but I think I'd rather be sleeping. Given how hot and humid (not to mention crowded) it was today, I have to admit it would have been a lot more enjoyable to visit this restaurant in the early morning hours of December 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment