Friday, August 11, 2023

Actress Linda Haynes, Star of 'Latitude Zero,' Passes Away at 75

Linda Haynes in a recent photo taken from her Facebook page.

Linda Haynes, the American actress who got her break when she was cast as Dr. Anne Barton in Toho's all-star sci-fi epic Latitude Zero (1969), has suddenly passed away at the age of 75.

According to her obituary

Linda Lee Sylvander, aka Linda Haynes, 75, of Summerville, SC, passed away peacefully, with her family by her side, on July 17, 2023. Born on November 4th, 1947, in Miami, FL, Linda was a kind-hearted and wise woman who touched the lives of those around her with her loving spirit.

This news is especially shocking because Linda reached out to me via email on July 5. We exchanged a few messages and talked about catching up on the phone sometime. Naturally, I never got around to it, putting the blame on the time difference. She sounded perfectly healthy, though admitted to feeling tired, but I couldn't imagine that she'd pass away just days later. I'm devastated.

I first contacted Linda around August 2007, thanks to the fine folks at Code Red DVD who put me in touch with her. We did an interview on Latitude Zero as soon as we were put in touch and remained in contact ever since. 

After Linda moved to South Carolina from Florida in more recent years, we started to lose touch. She wasn't on Facebook as much, and it became harder to get a hold of her. I figured she was busy -- it sounded like her move was quite a daunting task. 

I always figured we'd eventually meet in person. I mean, how could we not? This news is truly shocking, and it will take a while to process.

More recently, Linda wanted to add more details and information to our 2007 interview, but it's another thing we just never got around to doing. I just wish we all had more time.

Rest in peace, Linda. Thank you for all the support and telephone conversations over the years. Your friendship will be dearly missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment