Sunday, October 10, 2021

Visiting a Legendary Screenwriter!

Hiroyasu Yamaura. Photo by Brett Homenick.

 Tonight, I had the distinct privilege of visiting screenwriter Hiroyasu Yamaura for the first time in over two years. I think a certain pandemic had something to do with it. He wrote a stage play that I attended, and it was great to see him again. Before the show, we caught up on things. He was especially curious about my parents and asked me several questions about them.


Yamaura-san's stage play was an anti-war parable and was a multimedia presentation. It was a powerful statement that speaks to those of Yamaura-san's generation who lived through World War II. Yamaura-san is one of the nicest guys in Japan, and I was very glad to have gotten to see him again after such a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment