Saturday, October 23, 2021

Another Evening with Takahashi-san!

Yoko Takahashi. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight, I attended another event with actress Yoko Takahashi. As I mentioned last week, Takahashi-san was a prolific actress in the 1970s, with her best-known work in the West being the Oscar-nominated Sandakan 8 (1974). She also can be seen in Kon Ichikawa's The Devil's Ballad (1977).


I enjoyed talking with Takahashi-san about Robert De Niro movies, of whom she is a big fan. We talked about movies like The Untouchables, The Deer Hunter, and Raging Bull. One of her fans mentioned The Peanuts, and Takahashi-san was surprised when I knew who they were. When I said that I knew them through Mothra, she suddenly broke out into the Mothra song!

Even though it had only been less than a week since we last met, it was a lot of fun seeing her again. I hope we get a chance to do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment