Saturday, December 24, 2016

DYNA PINK RETURNS! Sayoko Hagiwara Celebrates Christmas!

Actress Sayoko Hagiwara at a recent signing event. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I've just returned from a great Christmas Eve event with actress Sayoko Hagiwara. Hagiwara-san played Yullian in Ultraman 80 (1980-81) and Dyna Pink in Kagaku Sentai Dynaman (1983-84). She also later appears in Choushinsei Flashman (1986-87).


I arrived just after work and was able to attend the dinner portion. It was my second time to meet Hagiwara-san, and I was glad that she remembered me. We spoke quite a bit in English (after my Japanese failed), and she even invited me to come and sit next to her when she changed seats to speak with another group of fans. She also said I looked like Kyle MacLachlan, which was quite a compliment.


Hagiwara-san is awesome, and I look forward to seeing her again. She's among the friendliest genre personalities I've ever met. Thank you very much for an incredible Christmas Eve, Hagiwara-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment