Tuesday, December 20, 2016

CHRISTMAS WITH SHINICHI YANAGISAWA! Seeing a Christmas Show in Asakusa!

Shinichi Yanagisawa sings jazz in Asakusa. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I returned to the HUB in Asakusa to see another show with actor-singer Shinichi Yanagisawa, whom kaiju fans ought to know as Miyamoto from The X from Outer Space (1967). Yanagisawa-san's film career goes all the way back to the 1950s with Nikkatsu Studios.


The show was very enjoyable, as always. Thanks to a last-minute change in my work schedule, I was able to attend much sooner than I expected. Two months ago, I arrived in the middle of the third (and final) set. This time, however, I was able to see most of the show.


Afterward, I handed Yanagisawa-san a Christmas card, and we took the two photos above. Yanagisawa-san is never less than awesome with his fans.

What a great way to celebrate Christmas. Can't wait for 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment