Sunday, June 26, 2016

OUT AND ABOUT IN SHIBUYA! An Afternoon of Various Sights!

Can you tell Godzilla Resurgence is about to come out? Photo by Brett Homenick.

Today was a busy day, and a good chunk of it was spent in Shibuya. As soon as I got off the JR Yamanote Line, I was inundated with posters promoting a Godzilla Resurgence/Shibuya Parco cross promotion that runs until July 14. I'll have to check that out! 


I also got to see the massive renovation currently taking place, as Shibuya is undergoing a complete overhaul. Cerulean Tower looms in the background.


With election season gearing up, Hachiko is getting in on the action. I wonder which party he supports.


Guess who came back? I was surprised to see the same cat back at the Hachiko statue for more attention. There were even more people hovering around the cat than last time, making pictures of our feline friend even more difficult.


I spent the remainder of the day with Hal Foster, an actor and journalist who has recently returned to Japan. We had many great conversations!

No comments:

Post a Comment