Tuesday, June 21, 2016

SHINICHI YANAGISAWA HAS COME BACK TO ASAKUSA! An Evening of Jazz with Guilala's Co-Star!

Shinichi Yanagisawa is all smiles as he drums during a live performance. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Tonight, I made my way to the HUB in Asakusa after work for another live performance by Shinichi Yanagisawa and his jazz band. Yanagisawa-san was one of the co-stars of The X from Outer Space (1967), portraying the film's comic relief character, Miyamoto.

Shinichi Yanagisawa shares a laugh with an audience member. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I interviewed Yanagisawa-san about his acting career for Vantage Point Interviews, and that conversation can be read here. Yanagisawa-san shared many rare photos from his personal collection with me, which were an excellent addition to the interview.

Posing with Shinichi Yanagisawa and saxophonist Kyoichi Watanabe.

It was a fantastic evening of music with one of my favorite actors from the Showa era. I look forward to the next performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment