Friday, July 31, 2015

A DAY AT THE KACHIDOKI BRIDGE! Godzilla Demolished It in 1954!

The Kachidoki Bridge, which stands over the Sumida River, was the scene of destruction in the original Godzilla movie. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Today I visited a cafe in Ginza that I enjoy, but since I still had some time left over, I decided to walk over to the Kachidoki Bridge, which pedestrians and drivers alike use to cross the Sumida River.


Of course, my main area of interest was the bridge's use in Godzilla (1954), in which the King of the Monsters destroys the structure. 

A bridge with a view! Looking out over the Sumida River. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Although I have visited the bridge a couple of times in the past, it had been almost two years, and since I've upgraded my camera in the interim, I decided it would be worthwhile to snap some new shots.As expected, the searing summer heat left me sweating profusely, but it was nonetheless a fun afternoon.

Another beautiful view from the other side of the Kachidoki Bridge. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Godzilla aficionados from around the world have visited this bridge for its association with the Godzilla series. It's certainly worth a look for any tourist with an interest in the Big G.

No comments:

Post a Comment