Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Enjoying Chanson on a Warm February Evening!

Yoshiro Uchida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Last night (Tuesday, February 20), I attended another chanson performance by Yoshiro Uchida. Due to a quirk in my work schedule, I was able to arrive at the venue just before the show was about to start, as opposed to arriving after it had already commenced. In fact, Uchida-san himself was surprised to see me to arrive so early.

Uchida-san's kind gift to me. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Speaking of surprises, Uchida-san gave me a box of Godiva chocolates, which you can see in the photo above. Naturally, I wasn't expecting to receive any kind of gift, but it was a wonderful gesture on the part of Uchida-san.


After the first set was finished, Uchida-san saw that I had finished my drink and offered to get me another one. When he confirmed with me that I was drinking ginger ale, he brought me back another one. What a cool guy!


After the show, I had a brief chat with Uchida-san. When I first arrived, he was talking to another patron about wanting to learn English in his younger days. So I asked him about that, to which he replied that he was interested in singing songs by Andy Williams and the Carpenters at that time, but it was too difficult to do. It's really a shame, as I'd love to hear Uchida-san sing some of those songs.

And that's a wrap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment