Sunday, July 23, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAGANUMA-SAN! Celebrating the Birthday of a Toho Tokusatsu Alumnus!

Takashi Naganuma about to blow out his birthday cake. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Saturday night, July 22, I attended another special event -- but not just any event! It celebrated the recent birthday (July 20) of Takashi Naganuma, who turned 76. I joined the event after work, and things went as they usually do. As always, Naganuma-san came up with a lot of Japanese-English wordplay, but so did I.

In fact, some of my material made Eiichi Asada laugh pretty hard (such as, when Asada-san ordered a drink "on the rocks," I came up with an extremely silly, childish play on words using with Japanese word for "six") which I wasn't expecting, but I was nonetheless happy to see. It certainly wasn't high-brow stuff, but I'm glad it got the job done. Other than that silliness, there isn't a whole lot else to talk about, so let's get to the highlights.

Happy birthday, Naganuma-san!

Takashi Naganuma. Photo by Brett Homenick.


Eiichi Asada. Photo by Brett Homenick.

No comments:

Post a Comment