Friday, May 5, 2023

'Ultraman Ace' Alums Reunite in Jimbocho!

Keiko Nishi and Mitsuhiro Sano. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier today (Friday, May 5), I attended an Ultraman Ace-themed event headlined by two actors from the show: Mitsuhiro Sano and Keiko Nishi. Last year, there was a similar event held at the same venue, featuring a different cast member from the show (Shunichi Okita), as well as director Eizo Yamagiwa. That fun event was arranged by a different group, and the differences certainly showed today.

Keiko Nishi and Mitsuhiro Sano. Photo by Brett Homenick.

While I'm sure today's event was fun for the sold-out audience of 40 attendees, I must admit I found it rather lackluster. I make no secret on this blog that I judge events by the amount of personal interaction I can have with guests. Other than a quick greeting from Sano-san when I entered the venue, there was zero. The event was organized with having essentially no contact with the featured guests. And the event was almost twice the cost I usually pay! So it wasn't great...


I don't have much else to say about it, but, since I took time out of my schedule to attend and took some photos, I thought I'd share them here. And I also wanted to highlight the fact that some events do indeed disappoint, as I'm usually rather upbeat in my assessments. Here, though, I just don't have any way to spin this as anything other than a letdown. Oh, well. Live and learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment