Thursday, April 27, 2023

Godzilla the Art by Parco!

Godzilla the Art by Parco. Photo by Brett Homenick.

A friend of mine informed me about Godzilla the Art by Parco, which is currently being held (where else?) at Shibuya Parco from April 27 (today) through May 15. It highlights some "interesting" interpretations of Godzilla by some hip young artists, so you could imagine that I didn't care much for what I saw.

There were some interesting photos on display of the original Godzilla maquette from Godzilla (1954) that I'd never seen before, and I guess that was a tie-in for some toy or model that was being offered for sale as an online exclusive. There was also a cool Godzilla diorama, but I'd already seen it just a few months ago. Admission was only 500 yen, though, so I can't complain. Here's what I saw.












No comments:

Post a Comment