Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A Return to Tokyo Chanson!

Yoshiro Uchida. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier tonight (Tuesday, April 18), I attended a live chanson performance by Yoshiro Uchida. Well, I attended as much of it as I could. Due to my work schedule, I arrived as it was wrapping up. Uchida-san was performing his final song when I entered the venue!

 

I especially wanted to attend this performance given that Uchida-san took a break from performing, and I hadn't seen him since last summer -- quite a long time! I also brought something for him to sign, which was the DVD sleeve for my copy of the Mill Creek 100 sci-fi movie pack that features Gammera the Invincible (1966). 


It was great to see Uchida-san again, even though I wasn't there all that long. He's a terrific guy to hang out with, and I certainly look forward to seeing him again soon, which I hope to do when he has his next performance in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment