Sunday, December 26, 2021

John Carpenter Retrospective 2022 in Tokyo!

Escape from New York comes to Tokyo in January. Photo by Brett Homenick.

The year 2022 will kick off with a fun start, as the John Carpenter Retrospective 2022 comes to several Tokyo theaters in January. Human Trust Cinema Yurakucho is among the lucky theaters that will bring these 4K restorations to Japan.

Escape from New York (1981) plays from January 7 through 13, They Live (1988) plays from January 14 through 20, and The Fog (1980) will screen from January 21 through 27. Of these three titles, I'm most familiar with The Fog, which I've seen a few times (but not for many years). I saw Escape once about 20 years ago, and I've never actually seen They Live. I hope to catch all three films while they are playing here. 

Here are some photos of I took at Human Trust Cinema Yurakucho promoting the retrospective. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment