Tuesday, December 7, 2021

An Evening with a Gamera Series Legend!

Mach Fumiake. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Saturday evening, December 4, I had the privilege of meeting the star of the first Gamera movie I ever saw: Gamera Super Monster (1980). The actress in question is Mach Fumiake, who helped make Gamera Super Monster a childhood favorite of mine.

Fumiake-san is extremely outgoing and friendly, so it was easy to chat with her. I told her about how much I enjoyed Super Monster as a youngster and how excited I was to meet her.

Of course, it wasn't just Fumiake-san on hand. Another featured guest was none other than Toho SFX legend Eiichi Asada!

Eiichi Asada. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Of course, I've gotten to know Asada-san quite well over the years, and hanging out with him is always a lot of fun. He's certainly one of the friendliest people I've met in Japan.


What a fun evening! It far exceeded my expectations and was probably the most fun I'd had at event in a long time. I just hope to have the chance to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment