Sunday, September 12, 2021

Robert Horton Biography Now Available!

Robert Horton poses with The Green Slime costar Luciana Paluzzi in Los Angeles in 2009. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Author Aileen Elliott's biography of actor Robert Horton entitled In Search of Flint McCullough and Robert Horton: The Man Behind the Myth has just been published by BearManor Media. This 356-page tome promises to be the most in-depth examination of the actor's life and career ever published.

Robert Horton, with his wife Marilynn Bradley Horton, prepares to sign autographs. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Sometime after his passing in 2016, I was contacted by the author and conducted an interview by email about my memories of Mr. Horton. I was happy to have the opportunity to contribute to the book and look forward to seeing how everything turned out.


I had the privilege of interviewing Mr. Horton in 2008 and stayed in touch with him until his passing. I always enjoyed our telephone conversations and wish we still could have more. I met him for the first time at a screening of the The Green Slime (1968) in Los Angeles in 2009. In the summer of 2012, Mr. Horton invited me to visit him at his home when I visited L.A. from Japan. 

Fans of The Green Slime ought to give In Search of Flint McCullough and Robert Horton: The Man Behind the Myth a read. When I get the chance, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment