Sunday, December 2, 2018

Toho SFX Veterans Gather to Celebrate the Publication of a New Book!

Takashi Naganuma. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Earlier today, I had the honor of being invited to attend a launch party for a new book written by former Toho SFX master Takashi Naganuma. The book is another chronicle of Naganuma-san's decades of work at Toho Studios.

Toshio Miike. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

The event attracted several Toho SFX luminaries, such as Teruyoshi Nakano, Tom Kotani, Toshio Miike, and Nobuyuki Yasumaru. All the invited guests addressed those in attendance.

Nobuyuki Yasumaru addresses the audience. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I was able to strike up some new friendships at the event with my table mates. I had a great time chatting with the folks seated next to me. I hope we have a chance to meet again in the future.

Teruyoshi Nakano (left) and Nobuyuki Yasumaru. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I purchased a copy of Naganuma-san's book at the party, and I was impressed with the photos contained in it, most of which I'd never seen before. And given how many books have been published in recent years regarding Toho SFX, that's quite an accomplishment.

Teruyoshi Nakano. Photo by Brett Homenick.

All in all, it was a wonderful event. I attended a similar party almost exactly two years ago, and while that one was much bigger, this one was still quite enjoyable. I hope another book gets published soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment