Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tokyo Tower


Your humble blogmeister, visiting Tokyo Tower for the first time.

The first stop on G-TOUR's itinerary was the iconic Tokyo Tower, seen in such kaiju eiga classics as Mothra (1961) and King Kong Escapes (1967). The tower is a breathtaking sight, but as impressive as it is, the new broadcasting tower Tokyo Sky Tree, which is currently being constructed, will ultimately replace Tokyo Tower, as Tokyo Tower is not tall enough (!) keep up with Tokyo's broadcasting needs.
Now, on to the photos!


The view from on high: Inside Tokyo Tower.

A happy moment: Enjoying the sights to be seen.

G-TOURists Skip Peel and Michael Field, taking in the excitement of Tokyo Tower.

Don't fall! King Kong ain't there to catch ya!

The kiss of death? Re-enacting a scene from The Godfather, Part II? Not sure, but from what I was told at G-TOUR, taking this picture entitles me to a free travel guide...

Though I've been to Tokyo once before, I never visited Tokyo Tower. I certainly enjoyed experiencing all that the tower has to offer. It was a great experience, and I would recommend it to any Tokyo traveler.

No comments:

Post a Comment