Destroy All Planets 2010

Destroy All Planets 2010
Now available through amazon.com!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

TOKUSATSU RETURNS TO YOKOHAMA! An Evening with Japanese SFX Crew Members!

Takashi Naganuma and Taku Miyamoto share a laugh in Yokohama. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight I enjoyed a pleasant evening with former Toho model maker Takashi Naganuma and director Taku Miyamoto. I must admit that I'm largely unfamiliar with Miyamoto-san's work, but one credit of his in particular makes him relevant to tokusatsu: He directed episode 10 of Ultraman Neos (2000-01).  

Takashi Naganuma talks tokusatsu. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I always enjoy visiting with Naganuma-san. He speaks a just a little English and is always fun to chat with. It was my first time to meet Miyamoto-san, and he was just as friendly as most other celebrity guests I meet at this shindigs.

Posing with Ultraman Neos director Taku Miyamoto.

The conversation lasted well into the evening, and I just returned home a few minutes ago. While these events are always fun, I could use a bit more rest! 

Hanging with Takashi Naganuma.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment