Sunday, June 19, 2016

TOKUSATSU RETURNS TO YOKOHAMA! An Evening with Japanese SFX Crew Members!

Takashi Naganuma and Taku Miyamoto share a laugh in Yokohama. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Tonight I enjoyed a pleasant evening with former Toho model maker Takashi Naganuma and director Taku Miyamoto. I must admit that I'm largely unfamiliar with Miyamoto-san's work, but one credit of his in particular makes him relevant to tokusatsu: He directed episode 10 of Ultraman Neos (2000-01).  

Takashi Naganuma talks tokusatsu. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

I always enjoy visiting with Naganuma-san. He speaks a just a little English and is always fun to chat with. It was my first time to meet Miyamoto-san, and he was just as friendly as most other celebrity guests I meet at this shindigs.

Posing with Ultraman Neos director Taku Miyamoto.

The conversation lasted well into the evening, and I just returned home a few minutes ago. While these events are always fun, I could use a bit more rest! 

Hanging with Takashi Naganuma.

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment