Monday, September 21, 2026

Setting the Stage for a Great Evening!

With Hiroyasu Yamaura.
 
On Sunday, September 20, I attended a performance of Antony and Cleopatra as written and adapted by screenwriter Hiroyasu Yamaura. The show was held at the usual venue in Kawasaki City, and it was another fun one.


I hadn't seen Yamaura-san in about two and a half years, so he was surprised to see me again. When I arrived, I only intended to see the show, spend a few minutes visiting Yamaura-san, and then move on to the next thing.


But I didn't realize that there would be post-show dinner, and I got invited to it. Well, it changed the rest of my plans for that night, but it was an offer I couldn't refuse.


The show attracted a packed house, despite having other performances during the weekend. It was a hit with the audience, but then it was time to break everything down before going dinner.


I pitched in with taking down curtains and helping to erase the whiteboard with some information about the show. That might not sound like a whole lot, but, trust me, it took endless amounts of elbow grease to get anywhere near finished.


I don't know what they used, but it did not come off easily. By the time we left, the job wasn't even finished. I sure hope they never use that stuff again!


We made our way to a nearby Japanese restaurant with the cast, crew, and just a few others. I was privileged that Yamaura-san sat next to me for the night, and we had a fun conversation for the remainder of the evening. It was as if no time had passed at all.

When I we were leaving and saying our goodbyes, one of the stars of the shows said to me, "I love ikemen." I thought that was kind of her. I'm just glad she didn't say "ike boys."

And that's a wrap! Let's do it again really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment