Sunday, April 14, 2024

Notes on the New 'Gunhed Completion' Compendium by Hobby Japan!

 

The day before I left Japan, my friend Yasushi gave me a copy of the updated edition of the Gunhed Completion book released by Hobby Japan that had literally just been published, just in time for the movie's 35th anniversary. My 2005 interview with the film's female lead Brenda Bakke was translated into Japanese by Yasushi and included in the book. Suffice it to say, this one's a keeper!

Naturally, I received credit as one of the book's staff members. Not too shabby! Of course, you have to be able to read katakana in order to see the credit, but, if that's not something you're able to do, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it.


It's a great tome with plenty of illustrations, photos, and lots of other things to hold your interest, even if you can't read a lick of Japanese. It comes highly recommended and not just because I contributed to it, though that certainly doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment