Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Checking Out the Art of Sadao Iizuka!

Ultraman by Sadao Iizuka. Photo by Brett Homenick.

A brief blog post about some artwork by Sadao Iizuka that I was able to see today. I visited Iizuka-san's friend (and manager) Kei-san today. During my visit, Kei-san brought out some paintings by Iizuka-san. He didn't know exactly when they were painted, just that they were painted a long time ago.

Toho Studios by Sadao Iizuka. Photo by Brett Homenick.

The Ultraman painting at the top of the blog post was especially fascinating. According to Kei-san, he painted Ultraman with a female form, which was apparently Iizuka-san's style. It certainly gives Ultraman a memorable look.

Artwork by Sadao Iizuka. Photo by Brett Homenick.

There was also a painting of Toho Studios, as well as a couple of boats at a dock. Kei-san reminded me that Iizuka-san, at the end of his events, would usually leave for the bus stop about 10 minutes before the bus was scheduled to arrive. I suppose Iizuka-san was always a bit too concerned about missing his ride! 

Not a whole lot else to say -- I just wanted to share this artwork. It's quite good!

No comments:

Post a Comment