Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Paul Mason, Co-Writer of the American Version of 'King Kong vs. Godzilla,' Passes Away at 92

Paul Mason poses for a photo with his dear friend Hachi.
 
According to producer Vicki Shigekuni Wong, Paul Mason, who co-wrote the American version of King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962) with Bruce Howard, passed away on December 26 at the age of 92. 

Ms. Wong posted the following on Facebook:

Paul Mason, my dear friend and mentor for the film Hachi: A Dog’s Tale, passed away peacefully at home on December 26th. He was 92 years old. I had the pleasure of seeing Paul and his beloved wife Kyong (Lee) at my home this past year. He looked younger than ever, with his trademark thick wavy hair! 
A respected film/tv executive, Paul supported my dream of making the film. A bigger-than-life personality, I will forever be indebted to his generous help as Lee, family & friends celebrate his incredible life. Cheers Paul!

In 2012, I interviewed Paul Mason about his work on King Kong vs. Godzilla. While there were no major revelations about the making of the film, it was a fun experience, and Mr. Mason was extremely helpful. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment