Saturday, October 8, 2022

The Last Day at the Art Exhibit in Daikanyama!

Mickey Curtis. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier today, I paid one last visit to Mickey Curtis while his art exhibit was still open in Daikanyama. When I realized that I could get my DVD copy of Desperado Outpost (1959) signed by Mickey-san, I practically had no choice but to return!


It was a lot of fun to see him again, although I didn't have the time to hang out as I did the last two times. But this time Mickey-san told me one story in particular that had me roaring with laughter -- it was by far the funniest thing he told me about during all three days! When I was leaving, Mickey-san invited me to come visit him at his home sometime. I certainly have to do that, but it likely won't be for a while, as he lives extremely far from Tokyo. We'll see how it goes.

Many thanks to Mickey-san for his excellent hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment