Tuesday, February 21, 2017

SHINICHI YANAGISAWA RETURNS! The Guilala Actor Is Back in 2017!

Shinichi Yanagisawa on the drums. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On February 21, I was privileged to attend anothe live performance by Shinichi Yanagisawa and his jazz band. This time, I was able to attend practically the entire show, as some well timed work cancellations gave me an early start. 

Shinichi Yanagisawa sings jazz. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Shinichi Yanagisawa, of course, played Miyamoto in Shochiku's The X from Outer Space (1967), but his acting career dates back to the 1950s with Nikkastu Studios. It's always a treat to see the multi-talented Yanagisawa-san perform live!

In between Shinichi Yanagisawa and saxophonist Kyoichi Watanabe. 

I've attended every HUB show with Yanagisawa-san since October 2014, so at this point, it's difficult to find something new to say, other than it was a blast. I've gotten to know some of the regulars there quite well, and it's always fun to catch up with them. 


That's all for this month. I can't wait to do it all over again in the spring. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment