Tuesday, September 8, 2015

AN AFTERNOON WITH SHIGEO KATO! Enjoying Coffee with One of Toho's Most Prolific Actors!

Actor Shigeo Kato in Kamakura. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Earlier today I traveled to Kamakura to meet with actor Shigeo Kato. I've blogged about Kato-san several times, but suffice it to say that he's worked with all the great Toho directors and appears in just about every Toho classic from the Showa era. At 90 years old, Kato-san still keeps active in Kamakura.

Shiego Kato signs my copy of The Genesis of Ultraman 1966-1980. Photo by Brett Homenick.

Kato-san was not just a familiar face in Toho movies, but he was an actor in many classic Tsuburaya Productions TV shows. So I brought my copy of The Genesis of Ultraman 1966-1980 for him to sign. Kato-san was rather impressed with the book and enjoyed thumbing through it.


Unfortunately, the weather was extremely rainy, so our activities were kept indoors. We've already made tentative plans for the next visit, so we'll have to do that during sunnier weather! I'm very grateful for Kato-san's unending generosity. He is truly one of the good guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment