Wednesday, October 29, 2014

TORU IBUKI STRIKES BACK! Getting to Hang Out Again with the Ex-Toho Player!

Toru Ibuki (left), my friend Asako (center), and yours truly are all smiles after today's meeting.

Today I had another chance to visit former Toho actor Toru Ibuki at his office. Ibuki-san appeared numerous monster movies at Toho, including: Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster (1964), Monster Zero (1965), Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966), Destroy All Monsters (1968), and Terror of Mechagodzilla (1975). He also can be seen in the Frank Sinatra-directed World War II drama None But the Brave (1965).


I always enjoy my meetings with Ibuki-san, who has become a close friend in the last year. I've seen him several times in 2014, and I hope for many more encounters next year! Thank you very much, Ibuki-san!

No comments:

Post a Comment