Friday, February 1, 2013

RIP, Derrick Michael Holmes

Derrick Holmes, enjoying life in Shinjuku, Tokyo, November 2012. 

I am extremely saddened to learn of the passing of my friend Derrick Michael Holmes on November 25, 2012. At this point, I don't have any other details, but his passing strikes me especially hard. Derrick was easily one of the nicest people I've ever met, either in Japan or the U.S.

Derrick and I at a Starbucks in Shinjuku Station, November 2012.

Although Derrick worked mostly as an animal caretaker, he also had many acting credits to his name, including Godzilla vs. Biollante (1989) as Biomajor spy Michael Low and Lady Battle Cop (1990).

Derrick meets Godzilla vs. Destroyah actor Jon Gallock at Shinjuku Station, November 2012.

Below is video I took of Derrick as he showed me around Roppongi in August 2011. Also below is a commercial for Parliament's Up for the Down Stroke in which Derrick appears as a teen riding a bicycle.

Rest in Peace, my friend.



1 comment:

  1. Derrick Holmes seemed like a nice and pleasant man. I'm gad you got to know him.

    ReplyDelete