Saturday, May 20, 2017

SHOJI MORI TALKS! The Film and TV Actor Comments on Edo Life!

Actor Shoji Mori makes a point about Edo culture. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

Tonight, I attended another presentation hosted by actor Shoji Mori, again focusing on Edo-era culture. Mori-san hosts these lectures about once a month, and I attend when I can.


As I've written previously, Mori-san's credits include: Zatoichi and the One-Armed Swordsman (1971), Woman Gambler's Iron Rule (1971), Zatoichi in Desperation (1972), and Slaughter in the Snow (1973). When it comes to TV, Mori-san can be seen on episode 3 of Kamen Rider Super-1 (1980-81), and episode 3 of the third season of the Shin Zatoichi TV series (1979). Of course, his other acting credits are quite extensive, going back to the mid-1960s.


As usual, it was quite a fascinating experience and a real departure from my usual activities, but very enjoyable all the same. Many thanks to Mori-san for making it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment