Monday, May 9, 2022

A Night of Tokusatsu!

Eiichi Asada (left) and Takashi Naganuma. Photo by Brett Homenick.

On Sunday, May 8, I attended yet another event featuring alums of the tokusatsu world -- namely, Eiichi Asada and Takashi Naganuma.


I've blogged about these two gentlemen for years, so, really, what can I say that I haven't already said countless times? That's what the archives are for!

Takashi Naganuma. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I happened to spend most of the evening with Takashi Naganuma. Very little tokusatsu was talked about. The focus was mostly on his sense of humor and wordplay. He loves puns in both Japanese and English. It's always a hoot to talk to him!


As fun as it was hanging out with Naganuma, I didn't have much of a chance to spend time with Asada-san, which was too bad. But there's always next time!

Eiichi Asada. Photo by Brett Homenick.

I did get to see him for a brief time, and I got to flip through his copy of the Espy (1974) script. Lots of interesting tidbits in that one!


 And that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment