Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Has 'Godzilla: Final Wars' Returned to 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'?

These here are a couple of hand cannons! Yours truly with Darren Schnase in Hollywood in 2005.

During the premiere of Godzilla: Final Wars (2004) in Hollywood, a film crew from Jimmy Kimmel Live! covered the event by rounding up various Godzilla fans and basically treating them like a bunch of nerds. (OK, maybe that wasn't much of a stretch, but still.) The segment wasn't so much funny as it was cringeworthy, but I guess it was asking too much to expect anything else back then.

The Jimmy Kimmel Live! crew interviews a "noted Godzilla scholar," or whatever. Photo by Brett Homenick. 

The only reason I'm bringing up this ancient history is because Godzilla: Final Wars has returned to Jimmy Kimmel Live! ... sort of. GFW actor Darren Schnase, who played the gangster in the notorious NYC scene, had a brief cameo on last night's edition of Jimmy Kimmel.


I met Darren back in April 2005 in Los Angeles following a performance of the stage play Glory Pie. I also interviewed Darren about his work in GFW around that time. All in all, he was a very friendly guy to meet.

You can see Darren's cameo below. He plays a dad to some rambunctious kids in a commercial parody whose wife speaks directly to the camera.

Oh, and before I forget, I started watching Jimmy Kimmel Live! on YouTube about two years ago, and I now think he's by far the best late-night host on the air. I'm glad to see that the show has gotten much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment